Gynecomastia is the enlarged male breast problem, caused due to poor lifestyle habits and certain medications. If you are suffering from this condition, then you have to get help from a specialist, so that you can get rid of this condition. To get detailed information about gynecomastia, you must read this article properly.
Gynecomastia is explained as an enlarged breast condition in males. According to the cosmetic surgeon, they handle several cases of gynecomastia condition in a day. There are several bodybuilders, who take gynecomastia surgery for a few reasons.
Causes of gynecomastia condition in bodybuilders.
Weightlifters and bodybuilders take anabolic steroids in order to promote muscle development. These injections lead to man boobs condition because of these converts testosterone into estrogens. Estrogen is a woman hormone and promotes breast growth. Or due to high levels of this hormone bodybuilders experience unwanted breast tissue, resulting in gynecomastia condition.
Moreover, protein supplements, as well as other pseudo medications, leads to male breast condition. Sometimes, they even do not realize the risk of taking supplements until breasts grow. If you think, this condition can simply go away after you stop taking them, then you are wrong. To get rid of this condition, you need to get the surgical procedure.
Most bodybuilders who take steroids develop the unwanted breast tissue, which further leads to gynecomastia condition. In addition to this, this condition results in puffy, hard, and unnatural-looking nipples or contours, that are made up of thick and fibrous tissue.
Breast Reduction Techniques
A breast reduction surgery for bodybuilders or weightlifters is completely similar to the surgery designed for a normal person. To get this surgery, you need to visit the specialist, so that you can get knowledge about everything. Firstly, your specialist examines your health properly and tries to find the reason behind this condition. Only then start performing surgery to treat gynecomastia condition.
To treat this condition, your specialist performs liposuction surgery along with gynecomastia surgery, so that you can also get rid of unwanted fat deposits around the areola.
How to perform gynecomastia surgery?
- First of all, your specialist gives you anesthesia to reduce the risk of swelling and bleeding.
- Then he makes an incision around the areola and then tries to remove enlarged breast tissue slowly.
- This procedure is done with the help of a thin instrument known as a cannula to remove the unwanted breast tissue bit by bit.
Recovery after surgery
- To recover properly from this surgery, you have to follow the instructions of your doctor.
- According to the recovery process, you need to swear off supplements and steroids and supplements completely. If you start taking them again, then you may again develop breast tissue.
- You must avoid practicing strenuous exercise for several weeks following the surgery. These will lead you to excessive swelling, pain, and discomfort.
- Some builders make the mistake of taking too many supplements and medications to get rid of the boobs problem. This is completely wrong, make sure you do not do this as it can harm your system.
- You must stick to a healthy diet full of nutrients as well as minerals to recover faster.
- It is advisable to avoid lifting too many heavy objects for 6-8 weeks until you recover completely.