door leaking goo.
  • br9mp81 April 2013
    Has anyone else had this,the front drivers door on my 05 matiz is leaking a black sticky tar like substance from the inside of the door settling on the door sill i've never seen any thing like it on any car before.
  • hey, I have this problem aswell! It's in the exact same place on my 04 matiz, nobody seems to know what it is! :(
  • dave November 2013
    best thing is take door card off and see whats inside,may be just water sealant thats got to hot.....
  • lucas August 2016
    My car is doing exactly the same in just the same place! It's on a 54 plate so same vintage as the other two mentioned here. Also noticed central locking not working (if it ever did) - might be connected. Will investigate one day if I ever get some time :-)
  • rodp November 2016
    I Have this too - it got onto the seatbelt and messed up our clothes. Ii took the B panel cover off and found it's sealant to stop corrosion which when hot has been a litttle runny. Not alot you can do about it other than mop it up with some white spirit. I did in fact try as much as possible to ensure it was deflected away from the seat belt as it's a nightmare to scrub off. Hope this helps.

• lucas December 2016
    Thanks to Rod's post, I decided to act and clean up the goo. Just scraped off as much as possible with a bit of wood and then white spirit on an old pair of socks! Car looks much smarter and is much happier - gotta love these little runabouts - they have such a good heart :-)
  • gray February 2017
    Mine (the wifes') has started doing it too !
  • djjaam May 2017
    That "goo" is some kind of bonding or sealing glue used when assembling the car parts, is this happening with hot weather?
  • lucas June 2017
    I think it might be to do with the temperature, as djjaam suggests. I had cleaned mine up nicely (see earlier comment) and now it has come back six months later at the beginning of summer. Maybe I will take the door lining off to investigate one day, but it's easy enough to clean up in the meanwhile.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Login with Facebook Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership